Effective Date: 01/01/00
Reference: 89 Ill. Adm. Code, Chapter IV, §50.110;
Cross Reference: 02.03.01 - Redetermination
Parents may choose their child care arrangements, but payments will be subject to all appropriate rules.
These procedures are only applicable to active cases in the Certificate Program.
If a parent moves from one Service Delivery Area (SDA) to another, transfer the case to the new SDA. Staff in the new SDA must notify the parent that his/her eligibility needs to be redetermined.
- Staff in the original SDA will:
- Forward the client's case record to the new SDA;
- Enter a case note in the CCTS where the case record was sent and the date it was mailed; and
- Follow the instructions in the Key In Manual to transfer the case and close out the current provider, if necessary, in the Child Care Tracking System (CCTS).
- Staff in the new SDA will:
- Contact the parent and inform the parent that his/her eligibility must be redetermined;
- Use the most recent TANF case number, if it has changed. Do not use the case number from the county the client moved from. Establish a 'Z' case with the new county code, if necessary; and
- Mail one or more of the following forms to the parent within ten (10) business days of receiving the file:
- Request for Redetermination form (Form 3455E)
- Request for Child Care Provider Change form
- Affordable Child Care pamphlet