Enter the last month and year (MM/YY) of the current FS approval period when:
- FS benefits are approved on this Form 552 (Item 15 is coded 1, 2, 4, 5, or 6), and
- an FS case is approved for the first time or an FS REDE is completed.
For new approvals, the system will not process FS benefits if there is no entry.
The FS approval period ends on the last day of the fiscal month shown in this item.
When an application is approved in AIS, the system assigns the Item 24 date based on the effective month of the TA
11 Mercury approval action except for categories 91, 92, and 93.
NOTE: If the Family Community Resource Center processes a regular roll approval before the TA 11 Mercury approval, Item 24 is left blank and the worker must enter the correct month and year. The worker may also change the date and year entered by AIS. The
date entered must pass through the IPACS edits.
- For Categories 91, 92, 93 - AIS adds 23 months to Box 77.
The Item 24 IPACS edits are:
- For a case in EZ REDE status, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 6 months.
- For a cash, or medical case not in EZ REDE status, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular
roll month plus 12 months.
- For AABD cash and medical cases, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 24 months.
The IPACS edits allow more than a 6 or 12-month approval period, so it is very important for the worker to enter the correct Item 24 date. The IPACS edits are looser to allow for same day processing of REDEs.
Example: TANF/FS case in Group 08 in EZ REDE status - FS approval period ends 01/08.
Mail-in Form 4765 received 01/05/08 and processed the same day, effective 01/08. The new approval period does not start in 01/08. The new approval period runs from 02/08 through 07/08.
Data entry in all the systems, including ACM, must pass through the IPACS edits.