News from the CCMS Project Team
Last summer, the CCMS Project Team reviewed all of the comments, questions and suggestions they received from end users of the system. The feedback was grouped into three categories: 1) Pre-Pilot; 2) Maintenance; and 3) Post-Maintenance.
During the month of January, Deloitte completed its deployment of 20 pre-pilot enhancements to the CCMS. On January 31 and February 1, several end users logged into the UAT environment to review the changes. Some of the comments were:
- "The system is so intuitive."
- "I love the new child care arrangements page."
- "While I do like the new eligibility periods, I do not like the restrictions."
- "The option for local or central printing is great."
- "It is so convenient having links to other systems as a resource." and
- "Bar-coded forms will save time searching for client files."
Beginning this month, agency staff can use their training IDs and passwords to log into the training environment to resume training activities. Much like our beloved Child Care Tracking System, the CCMS will continue to evolve over time to meet the needs of its end users. The CCMS Project team will continue to receive, review, and prioritize comments, concerns, and suggestions throughout the life of this system. As enhancements are introduced, appropriate CCMS Job Aids and Wizards will be edited and posted to the web.
May: User Acceptance Testing
June: Pilot and state-wide implementation
Organizational and User Readiness - Providing readiness support.
CCMS agencies are in the midst of preparation for go-live. Each agency should have conducted internal evaluations to confirm readiness for system go-live. By now, each agency should know:
- How the agency currently conducts CCAP business
- What changes, if any, the agency anticipates after go-live
- What standards and procedures are currently in place
- How will CCMS affect those standards and procedures (security, intake, client files, processing, etc)
- How many staff need training, and what type of training is required (CCMS, CCTS, policy, basic computer skills, policies, etc.)
- What computer/server/network resources will be needed
Prior to go-live, ensure that all hardware, software, and interfacing passes testing for any networking, connectivity or compatibility issues. Remember, the CCMS will only access IPACS via web3270.
CCAP Help Desk
Just a reminder that all requests to the CCAP Help Desk e-mail must be made by one of your agency's CCAP Local Experts. If all the local experts are out of the office, another staff person may submit a request by indicating the local experts are out and "cc"ing their local experts. CCAP Help Desk staff will then reply back to all.
Each agency POC should have received a copy of their security routing spreadsheet. Please update and return that spreadsheet to us on/before Friday, February 15. The CCMS Project Team will use this spreadsheet to confirm, or create usernames and passwords. End users will be given instructions to complete at least one password change prior to go-live. Users will be given tips on how to establish alerts or reminders to update passwords.
This month, Loretta Davis will begin contacting each CCMS agency to review their routing rules.
We will begin testing our scanning functionality outside the state network next week. Shortly thereafter, we will complete instruction manuals in anticipation of our Scanning & Document Management Workshop.
CCMS Readiness Workshops
|Scanning & Document Management
|Help Desk Software (for Local Experts only)
|Case Management (end-to-end processing)
|Non-CCMS Site Administered Provider Readiness
|Readiness for Pilot (pilot locations only)
|Facilities Readiness & Cut-over Weekend
Effective February 1, all CCMS system features are operational in the CCMS training environment. During the months of February, March, and April, Content Manager will be available Monday through Friday. TTTs are expected to conduct at least two on-site training sessions prior to system go-live. If you have not done so, please submit your training schedules to us. The BCCD Training Team will be emailing updates, passwords, and additional instructions to each TTT soon.
Thanks to everyone who completed a TTT survey. The surveys were extremely helpful. Based on your feedback, we've made some changes to our upcoming workshops.
CCMS Pre-Pilot Enhancements
End users are encouraged to log into the CCMS training website to review these updates in the context of processing Work Items and Tasks. Please e-mail errors, questions or concerns to DHS.CCMS-INFO@illinois.gov.
- Add additional document types to select when scanning or uploading documents into CCMS.
- Add the ability for users to search by provider corporate name on the provider search screen in addition to the currently available search options.
- Change how and when certain tasks are generated in the system.
- Add additional workflow statuses to the Add/Update Provider Work Item.
- Allow users to stop a document from being mass delivered after generating the document.
- Save locally printed documents in CCMS/Content Manager and make them retrievable.
- Display the names of children requesting assistance on the Denial and Cancellation forms.
- Display pages and data dynamically based on the sections the user selects for the Request for Information (RAI) form.
- Modify text on the RAI form to increase user friendliness.
- Ability for users to update case information by eligibility period.
- Ability to perform a future cancellation on a case.
- Enhance the Copay Calculation functionality.
- Assign a Z-Case number to all new cases created in CCMS (related to the IVR).
- Incorporate grace periods into running eligibility.
- Make Service Authorization and Copay screens editable for cancelled cases.
- Update the Income Calculation Worksheet.
Division of Family & Community Services
Office of Early Childhood
Editors: CCAP Training and Program Support & Operations