The following State Warming Centers have been authorized to close for today, 12/26/2012 only due to severe winter weather conditions and possible blizzard conditions.
- 106 N. Market Street, Golconda (Pope County)
- 323 S. Maple Street, Harrisburg (Saline County)
- 229 W. 2nd Street, Mt. Carmel (Wabash County)
- 422 S. Blanche Street, Mounds (Pulaski County)
A powerful storm system continues to bring significant, widespread impact in the form of blizzard conditions throughout Southern Illinois. Please continue to check your local alerts and advisories through the National Weather Service (http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/il.php?x=1).
Use caution and plan drive times accordingly. Road conditions have caused significant delays in travel times. Use caution while traveling.
- Plan ahead
- Pack a winter safety kit (fully charged cell phone, water, blanket, snack)
- Check road conditions
- Give yourself at least an extra hour
Illinois Department of Transportation Winter Road Conditions
Illinois Department of Transportation Emergency Road Closures
Notify Chicago Alert System -
recorded telephone messages, text messages and/or e-mail alerts on various emergency and non-emergency situations