Our nation's veterans bravely served our country and made great sacrifices to do so. While serving, the skills and leadership qualities they learn make them valuable assets to communities and businesses. However, veterans and their families can also face major challenges, including housing, unemployment or disabilities.
Our pledge is to ensure that every veteran has a safe place to call home, and we are committing $30 million over three years to the effort. In addition, our associates are committing their own time and talents to make a difference for veterans in local communities.
Only registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, tax-exempt public schools and tax-exempt public agencies in the U.S. are eligible to apply.
Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, public schools, and tax-exempt public service agencies (e.g. Police/Fire Departments) in the U.S. are eligible to apply. In very limited circumstances, applications that are submitted by organizations that do not meet this guideline will be considered, but only to the extent that they are requesting funds to support a charitable purpose as defined by the IRS.
Proposals for the following community improvement activities will be considered:
- Repairs, refurbishments, and modifications to low-income and/or transitional veteran's housing, or community facilities (schools, community centers, senior centers, etc.)
- Weatherizing or increasing energy efficiency of low-income and/or transitional veterans' housing, or community facilities
- Planting trees or community gardens and/or landscaping community facilities that serve veterans
- Grants must support work completed by community volunteers in the U.S.
- Projects must be completed within six months following notification that the grant has been awarded, with reporting requirements due 30 days following the completion of the project.
- Grants are solely given in the form of The Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials, or services.
- Organizations who have received funding through The Home Depot Foundation's Community Impact Grant Program must wait 12 months after notification of award before applying for additional grants through this program. Each approved applicant must complete a Final Report before additional funding requests will be considered.
November 12, 2012 through December 12, 2012
If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact:
The Home Depot Foundation
2455 Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30339