Bikes Belong Grants Program
The Bikes Belong Coalition is sponsored by the U.S. Bicycle Industry. Their mission is to put more people on bicycles more often.
Areas of Interest:
To fund projects in three categories:
- bike paths, trails, routes, lanes, parking, and transit;
- mountain bike facilities;
- BMX facilities;
- innovative an unique high-profile projects.
- unique and replicable cycling safety programs;
- efforts to recruit large numbers of new riders;
- innovative pilot projects.
- initiatives that will make a new group sustainable and have tangible long-term goals;
- programs that make existing organizations significantly more effective at generating
- programs that will have a significant political impact.
For the Education and Facility category: Bikes Belong will accept applications from nonprofit organizations whose missions are bicycle and/or trail specific. Applications are also accepted from public agencies and departments at the national, state, regional, and local levels.
For the Advocacy category: Bikes Belong will only fund organizations whose primary mission is bicycle advocacy.
If your organization is new, and you have not yet acquired your nonprofit status, you may submit an application with the assistance of another nonprofit that has agreed to serve as your fiscal agent. Bikes Belong will not fund individuals.
Applicants are encouraged, but not required, to contact Bikes Belong to ensure the proposal's eligibility before applying.
amounts up to $10,000.
Applications are reviewed on a quarterly cycle.
Link to Funding Announcement: