IDHS plans to continue to fund the same four YouthBuild providers at the same funding level, presuming the budget will allow it. The four programs are:
- Comprehensive Community Solutions Inc. (Rockford) $73,542;
- Emmerson Park Development Corporation (East St Louis) $73,542;
- YouthBuild McLean (Bloomington) $73,542; and
- Youth Conservation Corps, Inc. (Waukegan) $50,000.
For State Fiscal Year 2009, IDHS has made a change in the YouthBuild program requirements as well as to the corresponding provider contracts. The changes are not new to the existing providers and have afforded IDHS the ability to ensure consistency
with the federally funded YouthBuild Program. Beginning in SFY2009, each IDHS funded YouthBuild provider will be held accountable for the following two additional contract provisions:
- Funded providers will gain/maintain membership in the YouthBuild USA Affiliated Network and adopt the mission, values and philosophy therein.
- YouthBuild services are to be provided consistent with the "Program Design and Performance Standards" established by the YouthBuild USA Affiliated Network dated November 2007.
(The YouthBuild USA Affiliated Network Mission Statement and Program Design and Performance Standards can be found in Appendices B and C respectively.)
In addition, the Department will work with the existing IDHS funded YouthBuild providers to develop a uniform data and outcomes reporting format for the program. This will be done in an effort to more consistently monitor and track performance
indicators of individual programs.