The DHS Office of the Inspector General:
- Provides training on abuse/neglect reporting and investigating (use the OIG Training link and the calendar to the right);
- Conducts investigations into abuse/neglect allegations and deaths of people receiving mental health and developmental disability services;
- Reviews implementation of actions in Written Responses;
- Authorizes providers to conduct investigations when assigned by OIG and provides other investigative guidance; and
- Publishes annual reports and other laws, rules, and publications on OIG and the reporting of abuse/neglect.
To report abuse and neglect, call the OIG Hotline at (800) 368-1463.
Please do not use e-mail to report abuse or neglect.