Residential Living Arrangements

Helping Families. Supporting Communities. Empowering Individuals.

What is the purpose of this service?

Your Home

Throughout the state, there are many residential living options that provide 24-hour care in a variety of settings for children and adults who have a developmental disability.

Most are home-like settings integrated in the communities where individuals have access to on-site direct support staff as needed, engaging developmental programs and community amenities, such as stores, libraries, restaurants, etc.

Some living options are:

  • Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA)
  • Community Living Facility
  • Children's Group Home
  • Child Care Institution
  • State-Operated Developmental Centers

How Do I Apply?

How Do I Apply
  1. The first and most important step you and your family can take to get help is to register with the Waiting List/Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS) database, the waiting list. To register, you must meet with a Pre-Admission Screening/Independent Service Coordination Agency (PAS/ISC) to see if you are eligible for services.
  2. Search the DHS Office Locator for the PAS/ISC agency closest to you.
  3. Please see: Providing Quality Services to Individuals with Developmental Disabilities - DHS 4314 for more information.

DHS Office Locator

DHS Help Line

  • 1-800-843-6154
  • 1-800-447-6404 TTY