What is the purpose of this service?
We help individuals who receive SSI or SSDI and are interested in getting a job understand how working will affect their benefits.
Who can receive these services?
Anyone who gets Social Security disability benefits (SSI or SSDI) and wants to work can receive free benefits planning services.
What services are offered?
Our staff can:
- Explain how all of your benefits will be affected if you go to work;
- Give you a written report that show how earnings from your job will change your benefits;
- Tell you about other community services that can help you;
- Be available to answer any questions you have about your benefits, even after you go to work;
- Provide ongoing benefits management, which can include a new analysis if you get a raise; and
- Make a referral to help you resolve any legal barriers related to employment, such as employer accommodations that will help you do your job.
How to apply?
For more information about the Work Incentive Planning and Assistance Program or to apply for services, call 1-800-807-6962 (Voice) or 1-866-444-8013 (TTY).
More Information & Resources